Our task for the December break is to arrange and conduct an interview with a creative person. Please record the interview in some form, and prepare a transcript as well as the report discussing what the interview taught you about the essence of the creative experience. Task specific clarifications are on Managebac.
Here are example interview questions from Mr. Forgy’s interview with the musician Jesse.
- Where do the your ideas come from?
- What is your process when you have an idea? How do you start?
- What do you do when you’re stuck?
- How do you know when to stop?
- How do you deal with your own internal critic?
- What sets you apart from other people?
- What do you think your weaknesses/strengths are?
- What advice do you have for a budding artist?
- How does one discover one’s voice?
- What is the role of influences?
- How do you know you aren’t being derivative?
- What do you think of ‘natural ability’?
- Is taste subjective?
- Can you please everybody?
Here is the effective interview that was conducted.