Final exam Study Guide: Language A English
MYP Year 3
Elements of Literature:
Character (static, dynamic, flat, round)
- Merchant of Venice (concepts): form, function, choices, quality
- Poetry (concepts): form, function, choices, quality
- I Am the Cheese (concepts): perspective, power, identity
- Rice without Rain (concepts): perspective, power, social identity, change and causation
- Evaluating evidence for claims made
- Outlining and graphic organizers
- Organizing an essay around a thesis statement, topic sentences, and evidence for claims
- Introduction, body, conclusion
C. Language Use and Style
For language, you will need to:
- Know how to write clear, fluent sentences in an essay. Revise and edit the best way you know how.
- Know how to explain author’s choices. Many of the quiz questions have recently been asking you about the author’s choices, why they chose to say something in a particular way or their commentary on issues presented in the literature. Be able to explain these choices.