The first semester exam will ask you to demonstrate skills in three Criteria: Content, Organization and Language Use and Style.
1. Using text features and knowledge about author’s choices to build an essay around an idea
2. Using examples from text to support ideas
3. How to Cite using MLA
4. Organizing an essay around a thesis statement and topic sentences
5. Writing a Deductive introduction
6. Writing an Inductive conclusion
7. Using transitions, conjunctions, etc for fluent writing
8. Knowledge and application of Literary elements: character, motivation, conflict, setting, theme, plot, resolution/denouement
The exam is two full hours in the afternoon on Tuesday, December 13th. YOU MUST USE BLUE OR BLACK INK PEN.